We are proud to run a teacher training programme for MEDUCA providing professional development for a group of state school teachers of English is part of our commitment to Panama and the state education system on offer.
We are also a registered MEDUCA school in the Regional Centro education district in Panama.
2012 – 2019
Through this Agreement, King’s College Panama provides a Training the Trainers course to 25 Panamanian teachers each year. These teachers teach English in the public schools of Panama and work for MEDUCA.
The Government of Panama has identified that Panamanian teachers need to continuously improve methodologies and practices along with development of English language proficiency.
The challenge for the COLLABORATION AGREEMENT project is to encourage and support the professional and language development of English teachers in Panama, through a program of seminars, observation and mentoring, combined with e-learning and intensive programmes.
One of the differentiating features of this programme is the approach toward knowledge transfer to the job. All the purely linguistic aspects worked on in the intensive programmes, on-line and in tutorials, are contextualised and reinforced in the seminars/workshops and in connection with the mentor (a British teacher) through observation and classroom practices.
- Provide Panamanian teachers with a dynamic practical program of professionalisation based on their real needs.
- Create links between Panamanian and British teachers to share knowledge and experiences and promote personal and professional development.
- Share the best British educational practices through seminars, observation, and mentoring.
- Support and encourage improvement in the participants’ level of English with a joint programme of face-to-face and e-learning along with a tutoring programme.
- Teach Teaching English as a Second Language through face-to-face intensive courses.
- Develop and improve the skills and qualifications of the teachers in panama.
- Increase confidence in the workplace.
- Intensive English courses with a total of 80 hours.
- Combined programme of e-learning and face-to-face or over the phone tutorials, adapted specifically to each learner’s level and needs.
- Training workshops, in English, in the methodology and practices of British education, up to a total of 120 hours.
- Each participant will have a teacher-mentor.
- Practices and observation in the classroom with British teachers sharing good practice and undertaking a development plan customised for each participant.
- Teaching materials for all programme subjects.