Managing the performance of our teams is crucial to our ability to achieve not only personal goals but also the goals of our organisation. It is one of our most important skills as Managers and Leaders and is inextricably linked to almost all aspects of HR including pay and benefits, promotions and sanctions, career and talent management, productivity and retention to name but a few. Performance Management and Evaluation, if not handled effectively, is also something that can cause a lack of motivation and even conflict and for this reason it is extremely important that we develop the skills, techniques and tools necessary to carry it out effectively.
Some examples of training objectives for a Performance Management course, at the end of the day you will be able to:
- Give 3 reasons why you should manage performance and explain the impact that different ways of doing this have on results, motivation and commitment.
- Prepare individual objectives for team members and explain their link with the overall objectives of the company and the departments.
- Identify the three phases of an annual performance management plan, along with the 6 stages of evaluation and explain how each one of them adds value and increases motivation and engagement.
- Identify characteristics of powerful questions and understand how and when to use them in performance appraisals.
- Identify two types of feedback and explain when and how to use them effectively.
- Plan and successfully demonstrate the three key interviews in an annual performance management plan and be able to explain and evaluate the success criteria in actual case studies.
All in accordance with King’s Training Panama standards and the HR and Training standards of your Company.
After an in depth analysis of needs within the organisation, a tailor made course can be designed and the content could include aspects such as:
- Explaining the performance system in the context of development and career paths
- Establishing objectives with your team and achieving buy in.
- Promoting self-awareness and self-evaluation
- Effective feedback – Specific, observed, emphasise implications.
- How to recognise and praise achievement.
- How to realign off track performance.
- Vision – working collaboratively to help others reach their goals
- Creating a culture of performance management in the organisation linked to staff development.
Please contact us for more information as to how King’s Training Panama can support your organisation in the implementation and development of your Performance Management programmes.